
Also included was a sweet note from a very special lady, over 1000 of miles away, whom I had met briefly, but who touched my life. Of course, my spirits immediately received a much-needed boost.
The story behind the bracelet:
Back in October Shelly, Dick and I went to Portland to visit with Mindy and her family. While we were there, Shelly and I attended Time Out for Women. We met another mom and daughter team, Linda (the mom) and Heather, who generously invited us to share their table at lunch. What a delightful lunch it was. I cannot remember what we had for lunch, but the company was wonderful. They were two beautiful, talented women whose lovely spirit touched me profoundly. It was a testimony to me that there really is a bond of sisterhood that unites good LDS women through out the world. We began as strangers, but by the time the short lunch break was over, we were sisters.
I remember admiring Linda's beautiful bracelets (I love bracelets, and always notice them). I learned that one of her many talents was jewelry making, and I was very impressed. So, imagine my delight when I received this very special bracelet created by Linda. It came just when I needed a boost. What a thoughtful, selfless act of friendship.
It is a beautiful reminder that the world is filled with good, caring people, and that an act of kindness can turn gloom to glow and shadow to sunlight. Thank you Linda!
4 comments:
What a beautiful bracelet. It is such a neat treat to get things like that in the mail.
Mom that was a great story and a beautiful bracelet.
I love that story. Mom I think though that you have a special talent for connecting with people. I think most people generally like you and that you have a way of making people feel loved and accepted. I love you.
I was SO touched by that wonderful act of kindness too. I'll have to post about my bracelet ASAP (I got one too! Mine is black and beautiful!) It really got me thinking about what little things I can do for people to lift their spirits and show love. I need to try harder. That was so nice of Linda! Sisters in the gospel are everywhere! Aren't we so lucky?
Post a Comment